- Why should you determine the drapery rod placement first?
- Important industry vocabulary you will need to know.
- What is all that extra fabric that you have to add?
- Easy fabric yardage calculations for straight drapery panels.
What is the cost of pretty window curtains? This could be the first question that crossed your mind when you started dreaming about getting (or making) curtains for your home. So, you might have been putting this project away, right? Perhaps, this post will help you to move forward.
Here are the steps on how to calculate draperies’ yardage: Read More
- ‘Baby, It’s Cold Outside’, Etsy print
- Simple ways to reduce air draft from the windows
- How to make your fabric draperies work for your money
- Why choosing the right lining helps to keep you warm in the house
- Best window shades for saving energy
- Budget shopping list to keep you warm this winter
Winter process of making windows “warm” was something that I witnessed in Russia back in the day when no one heard about 25-40% energy bill savings, the cost of drafty windows. We just saved on everything, including energy bills. Read More
When we see beautiful arched window treatments we assume that it costs a lot and just dismiss the idea. Guess, what? The truth is that it does not have to cost more than any other custom window treatment. Besides, if you learn how to make swags and jabot, you can do it yourself. Just because there were thousands of people asking me questions about the above window treatment, I documented my next project with similar arched window drape. Here are the steps that I hope will help you:
Step1: Measure the window. You need all the measurements as shown in the picture below.
Step 2: Select and order fabric and trim. You can use solid color fabric or a fabric with design.
Things to avoid when selecting your fabric for this window treatment: Read More